SSC is an organisation under Government of India to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices. Full form of SSC is Staff Selection Commission.
SSC CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level) exam is among one of the various exams conducted by Staff Selection Commission. The CHSL Exam is also termed as SSC 10+2, SSC LDC or SSC LDC DEO exam. The exam is conducted to select candidates for the posts of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants, Data Entry Operators (DEO), Lower Divisional Clerks (LDC), and Court Clerk under various government organisations.
Important dates for SSC CHSL 2020 Exam:
SSC CHSL 2020 Syllabus & Exam Pattern: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will soon be conducting the Tier-1 CBE (Computer Based Examination) for SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) 2019-20 Exam. So, the time has come for the students to start their preparation for the SSC CHSL 2019-20 Tier - I Exam.
|Name of examination||Revised schedule|
|SSC CHSL 2019 Tier I||12.10.2020 to 16.10.2020|
|19.10.2020 to 21.10.2020|
|SSC CHSL 2019 Tier-II||Previously 28th June 2020|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2020:
There are three stages of SSC CHSL Selection procedure:
- SSC CHSL Tier-I: Computer Based Written Examination
- SSC CHSL Tier-II: Descriptive Test
- SSC CHSL Tier-III: Skill Test / Typing Test for the posts of DEO, PA/SA, LDC, and Court Clerk
The detailed Tier-wise SSC CHSL exam pattern is explained below:
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Pattern For Computer-Based Written Exam :
SSC CHSL Tier-I exam is of 4 sections which are equally important and objective in nature, consisting of Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs). It has four sections which have 100 question in total. Each section have 25 questions with maximum marks of 50.
Section-wise marking scheme of SSC CHSL Tier-I is explained below in tabulated form:
|Sections||Questions / Maximum Marks|
|English Language||25 / 50|
|General Intelligence||25 / 50|
|Quantitative Aptitude||25 / 50|
|General Awareness||25 / 50|
|Total||100 / 200|
Some important Key points regarding SSC CHSL Tier-I exam:
1. Time Duration: In SSC CHSL Tier-I exam time duration is 60 minutes. While previously, the time duration was 75 minutes. The time duration has been significantly reduced since last year.
2. Negative Marking: In SSC CHSL Tier-I exam negative marking per question is 0.50 marks. i.e. 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
3. Positive Marking: In SSC CHSL Tier-I exam for every correct question candidate will get 2 marks.
4. Language of Exam: Entire SSC CHSL Tier-I exam will be in Hindi and English except English section which is in english only.
5. Mode of Examination: SSC CHSL Tier-I exam will be conducted online.
SSC CHSL Tier-II Exam Pattern For Descriptive Test :
SSC CHSL Tier-II exam will be of Descriptive Type which is Paper Based Test (PBT). The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and a Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words.
The section-wise details of SSC CHSL Tier-II exam are shown in the table given below:
Some important Key points regarding SSC CHSL Tier-II exam:
1. Time Duration: In SSC CHSL Tier-II exam time duration is 60 minutes.
2.Language of Exam: Entire SSC CHSL Tier-II exam will be in Hindi and English.
3. Mode of Examination: SSC CHSL Tier-II exam will be conducted offline. It will of Pen and Paper based mode.
4. Passing Criteria: In SSC CHSL Tier-II exam Candidates must secure at least 33 percent in order to clear this stage.
SSC CHSL Tier-III Exam Pattern For Skill Test/Typing Test :
Some important points to remember about SSC CHSL Skill Test/Typing Test (Tier- III):
- Passing Criteria: SSC CHSL Skill Test/Typing Test is qualifying in nature.
- Marks Consideration in final merit: SSC CHSL Tier-III score will not be considered for final merit listing.
- Typing Test: To qualify SSC CHSL Tier-III exam, English Typing Test will require a speed of 35 words per minute and Hindi Typing Test will require a speed of 30 words per minute. Typing test is applicable for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC, and Court Clerk posts.
- Skill Test: In SSC CHSL Tier-III, this test is applicable for Data Entry Operator (DEO), demands data entry speed of 8,000 key depressions per hour on the computer.
SSC CHSL Final Selection (Final merit list):
Final selection and allocation of Ministries/ Departments/ Offices to the candidates qualified in Tier-III will be made on the basis of the performance of candidates in the Tier-I+Tier-II Examinations and the preference of Posts/ Departments exercised by them at the time of Document Verification.
How can you crack SSC CHSL Exam?
Some important Tips from our side which can help you in clearing your SSC CHSL exam and getting your dream job:
- Get the right books for preparation.
- Solve previous year papers Multiple times, you will get it for FREE on Edlyzer App.
- Read newspapers every day, it will help you in your English & General Knowledge. My choice for the newspaper is The Indian Express or The Telegraph.
- Take care of your health. Try to exercise, play or meditate every day. This will definitely boost your productivity.
- Revise NCERT books of class 7-10. All the books are available online.
- Keep some time off for leisure. Sometimes this can boost your focus and concentration, as stress management is important.
- Manage your time efficiently. Make a schedule for your preparation and stick by it.