The Tier 1 of all exams conducted by SSC, RRB (Railways) and IBPS will be replaced by a single exam called CET in 2021. The Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi has approved for creation of National Recruitment Agency (NRA) for the recruitment of central government jobs for non-technical posts conducted by SSC, RRB and IBPS. In future NRA will conduct exams for all 20 boards.
What is NRA CET ?
- NRA stands for National Recruitment Agency. NRA will conduct an online exam called CET which stand for Common Eligibility Test
- CET is a replacement of Tier 1 exams for non technical posts conducted by SSC (Staff Selection Commission) , RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) and IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection).
- CET exam will be conducted on 3 levels. Graduate, higher secondary (12th pass) and the matriculate (10th pass) candidates.
- If a candidate qualifies the CET, he/she can then appear for the tier 2 and tier 3 exams of each.
NRA CET Recruitment Reforms
- On an average, 2.5 crore to 3 crore candidates appear in different exams with similar eligibility criteria.
- A common eligibility test would enable the candidates to appear once and apply to any or all of these recruitment agencies for the higher level of examination.
NRA CET 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- They syllabus and Exam Pattern for CET 2021 has not yet been declared.
- CET 2021 first exam is to be conducted in first quarter of the year.
NRA CET Test Centers
- There will be at least one test centre in each district.
- This will help rural candidates and women who have to spend lot of money to arrange in advance the travelling and stay for the exam centre.
NRA CET Score valid for three years
- The CET score of the candidate will be valid for a period of 3 years from the date of declaration of the result.
- The current score considered will be the best of all valid CET scores.
- There will be no restriction on the number of attempts to be taken by a candidate to appear in the CET subject to the upper age limit.
- There will be a common portal to choose for the exam centre.
- Exam centre will be allotted based on availability.
Other important points about NRA CET
- The CET would be available in a number of languages from across the country.
- Over a period of time it is expected that recruitment agencies across the country would adopt the score of CET.
- It will make the recruitment cycle smaller. Earlier which used to take 2-3 years would now take less than 1 year.
- Some departments can go ahead with recruitment on the basis of CET scores, Physical Tests and Medical examination without any tier 2 or tier 3 exam.